(4) Candles and Incense also create a warm and glowing atmosphere in any home or any environment that you are staying in for a night, weekend or holiday..
I take my own supply whenever I travel and can create an instant change of atmosphere in just a few seconds. Again people coming into my environment often comment on the warmth and calmness I have created, even when I have been camping.
(5) Love and Laughter. Laughter is really the best medicine. Along with creating a beautiful environment laughing often and with family and loved ones will balance health and wellness and continue to provide a loving home atmosphere.
(6) Music to soothe the soul…… is an expression that says it all. Music is as therapeutic as laughter, love, great food and communication. Listening to music, creating music or singing has an immediate calming effect on everyone. Music can be the salvation after a challenging day or situation. People sing and listen to music in their car, the shower, working out, anywhere really as it does exactly that soothes an emotional upset and uplifts the sprit and the heart.
(7) Reducing Use of Electronic Equipment. This is difficult as we live in an electronic age, but we can minimise the use of Television, Electrical Appliances, Computers, Tablets, Mobile Phones and the strong Electromagnetic Field by simply turning the power off at the wall at night (this also saves electricity). Reducing your time in front of a screen (computer, tablet, phone, TV etc) can have positive results and may help produce better sleep and a healthier lifestyle or simply communicating with family and friends more.
“Our exposure to chemicals in our environment is unfortunately rapidly increasing every day. There are studies about the relationship between EMF and cancer. There may be a direct relationship because EMF’s put stress on the body and reduce the immune system’s ability to deal normally with abnormal cell growth.”
(8) Write a One Line a Day Gratitude Journal. After the meal, the laughter, the atmosphere, the oil burners, candles etc and just before bed, simply write down one happy memory from that day. You can do this with your children and just ask :What did you love the most today? ” Reflecting on what you have done, your joys and achievements is an important part of wellness and happiness. When you stop to think about it and then write it down it begins to create gratitude for what you have and what you have achieved, and pausing to reflect on a positive event from each day cultivates gratitude. This will also help you to sleep better and wake feeling more refreshed as the last conscious thought is a positive one. It is also a wonderful and positive way of looking back at what you have done once it is written
(9) On Waking. Before you get up each morning, think about and set your intention for the day. The Dali Lama says “”Every day, think as you wake up: today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.” The Art of Happiness.
If that thought seems difficult think of anything that relates to your and your life, such as thank you for another day of teaching or great coffee and fabulous food or healthy children, happy marriage…..whatever relates to you and within that intention the day will have a more positive start.
(10) Then Make Your Bed. As simple as it is, this is something that I have always told my children, as I know when I begin by making the bed the day has begun with a sense of order. The house is already taking on a positive atmosphere.
“Apparently, making your bed (and other feel-good tasks like exercising and cooking your own food) is something called a keystone habit. Keystone habits are those routines that, if you can identify them, spill over to other habits. According to Duhigg, changing or cultivating keystone habits “helps other habits to flourish by creating new structures, and they establish cultures where change becomes contagious.” www.apartmenttherapy.com
Now you are ready for a Positive, Loving and Balanced Life.
Please send me a comment. I would love to know if some or any of these suggestions have had an impact on your daily life.
Body and Balance Pilates/Yoga/Fitness (FACEBOOK)